Saturday, May 19, 2012

TMI Casting News: Eston Fung auditions for Magnus Bane



We have another promising actor added in the mix for the role of Magnus Bane. Meet Eston Fung, a native Vancouver actor who has worked on Royal Pains and was in the Nickelodeon film Gym Teacher: The Movie. He tweeted me last night to let TMI fans know that he has sent an audition tape to the casting directors for The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones.

"I'm originally born and raised in Vancouver. Been living in New York City for the past four years. That's a total advantage for this Magnus contended. I came originally for theatre school. Graduated 2 years ago and been out on the battlefield auditioning ever since," Eston said. "I was just in the season finale of royal pains doing a supporting role as a rich Hampton kid. I have been living in williamsburg Brooklyn for 3 years and consider it my home. Got the audition from my agent and spent half the day preparing for the role, reading blogs, character breakdowns, sketches, fan sites all about Magnus so I might do him justice."

Eston is classically trained in TV and film from Circle in the Square, which is a theater school and Broadway theatre in NYC. Phillip Seymour Hoffman is among its most accomplished grads. He recently did Instant Vaudeville with the 2G Theatre Company in New York.

From what I've seen of Eston, he could TOTALLY pull off the role of Magnus. Trust me on this! But I want to know what other TMI fans think!

For more on Eston, you can check out his IMDb.
Share your thoughts with me below or you can tweet me at @TMI_Institute on Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...