Monday, May 20, 2013

Music Monday #28: A look at Republic Records and their artists


We are all very excited about the thought of a soundtrack for The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. We know that Republic Records will be releasing the soundtrack. I thought it would be nice to go through a list of some of our fave Republic Records artists, and see what songs of theirs might fit on this soundtrack. If it's not exactly a song you can hear on the soundtrack, think of this as a listening sample for the type of artists that I think would be great for the album.

Now I have no clue who they'll pick to be in this soundtrack. It could be one or two of these bands or maybe none of them. I'm just solely taking a look at the artists on Republic Records and seeing what they have to offer. They have a ton of great artists. You can go here to see the complete list. Here are just a few:

Let's first take a look at a Jessie J remix of "Price Tag" featuring Rizzle Kicks. Follower thought this was a "class tune" for TMI:



How about ever fandom's favorite songstress, Florence + The Machine in the video "Never Let Me Go" featuring our very own Jace, Jamie Campbell Bower:



We also have a TMI fan fave with Black Veil Brides. I've picked their song "In the End" for Music Monday before, so let's check out "Fallen Angels":



Here's one of my favorite new bands, Of Monsters and Men, doing "King and Lionheart". This band is on the charts for their song "Little Talks", I thought this one was a little more fitting for TMI:



Gotye's 2007 "Hearts a Mess" is not as well known as the 2011 hit "Somebody That I Used to Know", but the video is wicked and the music just reminds me of Valentine. Take a listen.



Alex Clare is probably best known in the U.S. for his song "Too Close", but I took a different approach and selected his cover of an Etta James track "Damn Your Eyes". It reminds me of Jace so much and how he is hesitant of Clary, or maybe of Simon getting his hopes too high with Clary... or maybe it's just Clary thinking of Jace. LOL... Just take a listen.



I'll give you a few more right in a row so you can get a feel for these acts:







What acts from this list do you like? Share your thoughts below!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...