Thursday, November 15, 2012

New 'City of Heavenly Fire' snippet!!


With all of the The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones movie news happening we haven't had any snippets from 'Clockwork Princess' or 'City of Heavenly Fire'.

Now we have a 'City of Heavenly Fire' snippet:

“No killing,” Jordan said. “We’re trying to make you feel peaceful, so you don’t go up in flames. Blood, killing, war, those are all non-peaceful things. Isn’t there anything else you like? Rainforests? Chirping birds?”

“Weapons,” said Jace. “I like weapons.”

“I’m starting to think we have a problematic issue of personal philosophy here.”

Jace leaned forward, his palms flat on the ground. “I’m a warrior,” he said. “I was brought up as a warrior. I didn’t have toys, I had weapons. I slept with a wooden sword until I was five. My first books were medieval demonologies with illuminated pages. The first songs I learned were chants to banish demons. I know what brings me peace, and it isn’t sandy beaches or chirping birds in rainforests. I want a weapon in my hand and a strategy to win.”

Jordan looked at him levelly. “So you’re saying that what brings you peace is war.”

“Now you get it.”

'City of Heavenly Fire' will be in bookstores everywhere in 2014.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...