Monday, January 21, 2013

Music Monday #16: "Better with You" by Kris Allen

This week I thought I'd bring it home with one of my favorite people. If you guys don't already know, I'm a big fan of American Idol Season 8 winner Kris Allen. If you don't know the back story on why he means so much to me, here's my post about how Kris' music got me through a really tough time in my life.

This week's Music Monday comes from Kris' album "Thank You Camellia". The video comes from my good friends, SnapCracklyPop, who takes amazing videos/photos and is another concert junkie like me. When I think about this song, it reminds me of not only Jace and Clary, but the friendship trio of Jace, Simon and Clary. I get in a funk picking slow songs or edgy rock songs. This time, I just want a great feel-good song. At the end of the day, the thing I love the most about TMI is about the relationships with Clary.

Take a listen:

 
Kris Allen is a product of Central Arkansas, which is also where I live. He had an early album, Brand New Shoes, before getting his big break on the Idol stage. Even though his brother, Daniel, tried out for Idol, it was Kris who got the golden ticket to Hollywood. Edging out Adam Lambert for the win, Kris embarked on a new road having success with hits on his self titled album like "Live Like We're Dying", "Alright With Me" and "The Truth".  He's done solo shows and toured with Maroon 5 (I went to the Memphis show), Keith Urban and Lifehouse. He's currently recuperating from a head-on car collision but has more shows at the end of this month.
 
You can check out Kris' music on YouTube as well as on his Facebook page. His official site krisallenofficial.com is currently under construction.
 
What do you think? Can you hear the love of Jace and Clary/Jace and Simon? Share your thoughts below or on Twitter.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...