Monday, April 22, 2013

Music Monday #26: "Where Did the Angels Go" by Papa Roach

 
Even though this song deals more about personal demons, I thought that the song "Where Did the Angels Go" by Papa Roach would be a great song for The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones soundtrack.
 
.
 
I've seen this band two or three times, and they are a personal fave of my twelve-year-old daughter. They come to Arkansas two or three times a year, so this band has a soft spot in my heart. I'd like to say I have someone from the book when I hear this. I guess maybe Alec is the one I'd characterize in this song. He harbors such frustration and angst in the first book. He detests and distrusts Clary, is mad at Jace and is confused by his feelings. I honestly was so mad at him in the first book. I didn't like him much at all (sorry Kevin - I'm glad your character gets with Magnus and gets over himself.)

Anyway, speaking of Magnus.... I also found a brand new Papa Roach song that reminds me soooo much of Magnus Bane called "Leader of the Broken Hearts". Even though it doesn't exactly match up with COB, I thought I would add this so you Shadowhunters could take a listen. It speaks of risking everything and still surviving. I sort of think of what Magnus does in general to protect his wayward Shadowhunters. Take a listen.

Tell me what you think of these music picks and let me know if you have any song choices for Music Monday in the comments below or via @TMI_Institute on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...