Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Courtney Love supports Ross Butler as Magnus Bane

Yesterday, Courtney Love Cobain, lead singer of Hole and widow of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, took to Twitter to show her support for Magnus Bane contender, actor/model/DJ Ross Butler.

Ross is among several who have shared with fans that they tried out for the role in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. 

Courtney retweeted a tweet from my follower @drama__queenc to myself.


So I told Cassandra Clare about it:

Ross Butler was born in Singapore and lived in Indonesia until he was 4 when he moved to Washington, DC. His mother is Indonesian, and his father is British Dutch.

"Funny how Magnus Bane is quarter Indonesian, quarter dutch, and half demon," Ross said in DM on Twitter today.

Courtney shared her thoughts with me on Ross:



Ross moved to LA September 2010 to model and DJ. "I picked up acting last year and have been working on projects pretty much endlessly since and acting took over my life," he said yesterday.  Ross still DJ's and models also.

So what do you think about Ross as Magnus? I'll admit that getting a nod from someone as awesome as Courtney doesn't hurt a bit! 

Share your thoughts with me below, or go to Twitter and tell me @TMI_Institute.

2 comments:

  1. Nobody could be more perfect. He is over 6' 2" and he is half Indonesian? Ross Butler is Magnus Bane! This is going to make the movie even more exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems like a really good fit for the role. I'm so glad I don't have to be the one to choose. All these guys are really super nice, and I want them all to do well. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...