|Writers Cassie Clare (left) and Maureen Johnson during the UK book talk/signing on Saturday.|
Fans got a look at the workings of the brilliant mind of New York Times bestselling author Cassandra Clare at a book talk Q & A at Theatre Royal in London on Saturday. My friend Katheryn at @WhereRUNow_ was among the lucky fans on hand and filled me in with all the details and sent me the pic.
Cassie read a snippet from Clockwork Princess and explained that at the end of CP2. "It's a scene where Will and Cecily are out walking, catching up, and Cecily is saying that she's his weakness," Katheryn said. "Jem is also his weakness and that he loves Tessa and she (Cecily) can see that even if others can't because he's her brother." There will be a family tree in CP2 that will show how Emma Carstairs got her surname.
|Cassie Clare reads a snippet of Clockwork Princess at first UK book signing.|
"She explained a bit about the writing process. For example she does troubleshooting with a writers circle of friends and they question her plots and character development
Here's the more details from the book signing:
- Fairies will have a huge part of CoHF
- In the continuing saga of the duck story, they picked up duck pie to give and then they realised they were feeding the ducks duck.
- Cassie said Magnus and Alec would have to change to get back together. She said Alec is strong and
he just needs to show that strength. Magnus needs to overcome his
aversion to holding back and
open up more to Alec.
- CoHF will have war, loss, but not necessarily an unhappy ending.
- Cassie talked about how Maureen killed Camille = she's crazy! She is a lunatic vampire with Camille's blood in her veins. She has been rogue. She kills without
knowing the consequence.
Because she also has Camille's blood in her and because Camille turned her, she is almost as strong as Camille if not stronger and killing her was not a problem. Now Isabelle and Simon will be in Maureen's sights and will be in potential danger.
- Holly Black got in the trunk of Cassie's car as a part of research. Cassie talked about the fact that they sometimes acted out scenes to ensure accuracy in the character's reactions.
Katheryn said that badges, a free tote bag and short story from Magnus point of view where passed out to attendees, and that those answering questions received charms.
If you live in the UK, you will still have more chances to meet Cassie. See below for all the details.
TUE 29th MAY
EVENT TYPE: INSTORE TALK, Q&A, PUBLIC SIGNING
VENUE: In store
93-97 Albion Street
T. 0843 290 8443/ 0113 244 4588
WED 30th MAY
MANCHESTER –WHSMITH ARNDALE CENTRE
EVENT TYPE: PUBLIC SIGNING
VENUE: WHSmith Arndale Centre
TIME: 5PM – 7pm After school event
Contact- Karen 0161 834 8300
THU 31st MAY
EVENT TYPE: TALK, Q&A, PUBLIC SIGNING
VENUE: The Library Theatre, Surrey Street, Sheffield, S1 1XZ
TIME: Doors open 5.30pm, event starts at 6pm.
Tickets will be sold via Sheffield Waterstones in store or over the phone.
£3 for adults
£2 for under 18s and NUS card holders.
Store address and contact details are:
24-26 Orchard Square
T. 0843 290 8585
FRI 1st JUNE
EVENT TYPE: Author talk, Q&A and signing
VENUE: In store
TIME: 6PM start.
4-5 Milsom Street,
T. 0843 290 8139/ 01225 448 515
SAT 2nd JUNE
EVENT TYPE: chaired talk and Q&A session followed by a signing
VENUE: Starlight Stage