Monday, December 24, 2012

Music Monday #12: "I Feel It In My Bones" by The Killers

It's not Christmas to me without a new holiday song by The Killers (@thekillers on Twitter). They've been dishing out their unique brand of cheer for several years now. Their newest Christmas track is a twisted little tune as a letter to Santa from Killers frontman Brandon Flowers. It's totally something I could see Jace writing to Santa this Christmas:

 
What can I say about The Killers? They are my FAVORITE BAND ever. I do not exaggerate. I've been following them since Hot Fuss came out back in 2004. So, it's not a stretch that I'd add The Killers once, if not several times, to my Music Monday selections. Here's some fast facts about the band:
The Killers are an American rock band that was formed in 2001, by Brandon Flowers (lead vocals, keyboards) and Dave Keuning (guitar, backing vocals). Mark Stoermer (bass, backing vocals) and Ronnie Vannucci Jr. (drums, percussion) would complete the current line-up of the band in 2002. The band originated in Las Vegas, Nevada. The name The Killers is derived from a logo on the bass drum of a fictitious band portrayed in the music video for the New Order song "Crystal".

The group has released four studio albums, Hot Fuss (2004), Sam's Town (2006), Day & Age (2008) and Battle Born (2012). They have also released one compilation album, Sawdust (2007) and one live album titled Live from the Royal Albert Hall (2009). To date, the band has sold over 6 million albums in the United States, over 5 million albums in the United Kingdom, and a total of 16 million worldwide to date.

You can check out all their music on http://www.thekillersmusic.com/home.

If you have a suggestion for Music Monday, be sure to tweet your picks to @TMI_Institute. Your song selection might be the next spotlighted on the site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...