Sunday, December 16, 2012

WARM BODIES movie review #ZombieThoughts


On Thursday, December 13, I was lucky enough to be able to go see an advance screening of Warm Bodies. I did not read the book so I had no clue what to expect.

I remember seeing the trailer for the first time as a preview in front of Breaking Dawn Part 2, I loved it. It seemed like it would be a funny movie. I had planned on seeing it in February when it was released. But thanks to Hypable I was able to see the movie early.

Check out the trailer here:



My expectations going were probably medium. I didn't know what to expect. I love Nicholas Hoult from Skins as Tony and Teresa Palmer in I Am Number Four as Number Six. Both of them being in the movie made me more anxious to see it.

The synopis from Fandango:

"A funny new twist on a classic love story, WARM BODIES is a poignant tale about the power of human connection. After a zombie epidemic, R (a highly unusual zombie) encounters Julie (a human survivor), and rescues her from a zombie attack. Julie sees that R is different from the other zombies, and as the two form a special relationship in their struggle for survival, R becomes increasingly more human – setting off an exciting, romantic, and often comical chain of events that begins to transform the other zombies and maybe even the whole lifeless world."

I was not at all disappointed. This movie was no ordinary love story. It shows the development of love between a zombie and a human. The story is told by R. The movie is filled of laughter and heart felt moments. "A funny twist on a classic love story" is right. The film takes place after a zombie apocalypse.

Nicholas Hoult (R) is the perfect zombie. He perfected every aspect of what it is to 'be' a zombie, from the zombie walk to the grunt. After seeing this movie I want him to be my zombie boyfriend. Teresa Palmer (Julie) plays the daughter of General Grigio, the leader of the humans during the apocalypse. Nora and M, the bestfriends of Julie and R, are hilarious made for great sidekicks that are hilarious and very much needed. They always had something clever or funny to say. It sucks that you have to wait until February, but it is worth the wait. You will not leave the theater disappointed. It is a feel good movie about a zombie falling in love through humor.

I give this movie 5 out of 5 stars and suggest that you run and go see Warm Bodies with your boyfriend, girlfriend or friends when it hits theaters on February 1, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...