Monday, December 31, 2012

The Bane Chronicles: Snippet

To help ring in the new year the fabulous Cassie Clare shared a snippet from the upcoming Bane Chronicles. Check it out!!

A note from Cassie:
The Bane Chronicles: Snippet

Happy New Year! And in honor of the new year a little snippet starring our favorite sparkly warlock before he was sparkly. From one of the stories of The Bane Chronicles, called What Really Happened in Peru. By me and Sarah Rees Brennan. Give her lots of love.

* * *

“Just don’t leave me here,” said Ragnor. “You have to swear, Bane.”

Magnus raised his eyebrows. “I give you my word of honor!”

“I mean it,” Ragnor told him. “I will find you. I will find whatever chest of absurd clothes you have brought with you. And I will bring a llama into the place where you sleep and make sure that it urinates on everything in the chest.”

“There is no need to get nasty about this,” Magnus said. “Don’t worry. I can teach you every word that you need to know right now. One of them is ‘fiesta.’”

Ragnor scowled. “What does that mean?”

“It means ‘party.’ Another important word is ‘juerga.’”

“What does that word mean?”

Magnus was silent.

“Magnus,” said Ragnor, his voice stern. “Does that word also mean ‘party’?”

Magnus could not help the sly grin that spread across his face. “I would apologize,” he said. “But I have no regrets.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...