Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Looking for something to read? Look no further than your own bookshelf.




“My bookshelf?”  You say?

 Yep.  

“But I’ve already read those?”

Yep. I know.

There’s a lot to be said about doing a second (or third, or fourth, or fifth) read through of a favorite book.   I was never a “rereader” of books until Harry Potter.  That really is a risk you run sometimes when reading a series that isn’t complete.  Before the Deathly Hallows came out I wasn’t working and I wasn’t in school, and I realized there were so many details I forgot, so I decided to reread the week before release.  I spent a week immersed in the world of Harry Potter and was so ready for the last book.   

When I entered into the world of Twilight, it was after Breaking Dawn had been published.   I picked up Twilight to read before seeing the movie, then promptly read the rest of the series.  Then I honestly accidentally happened upon fanfiction, but I still liked going back.  I have read the entire series six times, and I really can’t explain why.  Every read through you pick up something new.  See something different. 
I decided to start rereading City of Bones, and I cannot begin to tell you how much FUN I am having!  I realized the first time I was so focused on learning a new universe, new characters, and just trying to keep up.  I am quickly learning there are some things I have already forgotten.  I’ll admit, I rushed through the series (along with TID), I just couldn’t get enough.   

I forgot Clary called Alec a “dickhead.” I forgot how funny Jace really is.  So, I encourage you, grab something off your shelf you loved, and read it again!  And join us! We will be doing a reread of Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince before the release of Clockwork Princess, and for our extensive reread and breakdown of City of Bones in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...