Friday, August 10, 2012

CASTING CONFIRMED! Jonathan Rhys Meyer IS Valentine!!

This morning in Toronto the sky turned grey, the warm air disappeared replaced by a bone chilling cool wind and the rain came down heavily. The forecasters couldn't really explain the unusual weather we began to experience and will seem to experience over the next few days. They may not know, but we Shadowhunters do: Valentine is coming! And indeed he has!

Late this evening Cassie confirmed the rumour; Jonathan Rhys Meyer is indeed Valentine!! We at The Mortal Institute have been following all casting rumors and news, we've blogged, we've podcast, we've discussed all of your thoughts and at this wee hour we wanted to be able to help spread the word of confirmation. Our cast for the City of Bones movie is set! Though characters like Raphael and Alaric have not been announced, Cassie said that all roles are filled and the casting director deserves a round of applause for her brilliant work. Everyone is underway to Toronto to begin all the prep for the movie that will start filling in about a week and Cassie even hinted at some promo shots being released soon with the actors in character! These are exciting times my TMI friends!

-Your Toronto TMI source, Shannon

Here's what Cassie said about JRM


Casting news: Valentine

So this is not me posting news so much asconfirming the rumors: YES, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers is going to play Valentine.
I’ve liked JRM since he was in Velvet Goldmine and I have to admit that image was what sprang immediately to mind when the producer called me and said “…Jonathan Rhys Meyers?”
I was like, “Velvet Goldmine!”
And Robert, who is German and very practical, was like, “I hope you have seen things he is in since then or I will assume you do not go to the theater.”
So yes I should probably also mention that JRM plays Henry the 8th on The Tudors, and does a very good job of being charismatic, power-hungry, and cold.
 
Also a man who appreciates his weaponry.
Did Henry the Eighth own unbuttoned white shirts? And unlaced pants? Either way I suppose we now see why Valentine got so many people to follow his crazy schemes. I suspect by the end of the movie everyone will be going “Just do what that good-looking guy tells you to do, you crazy kids!”
I should probably also mention that he was great in Match Point and Bend it Like Beckham and lots of my other favorite movies. So, in sum: Ireland, we have cleanedyou out of   your hot men. Sorry about that. You can have them back in three months when they’re done filming. In the meantime, Sarah Rees Brennan has offered to go onset and paint shamrocks on all the trailers.
[Also I apologize for my absenteeism these past few days. I hate it when there are rumors and I can’t confirm them so I decided to pretend to be dead until I got the confirmation letter news, which was very good forClockwork Princess, on which I got a lot of revision work done, if not necessarily for my sanity.]
And because I still love Velvet Goldmine (watch it if you haven’t)
In my mind this is Valentine and Luke, the Disco Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...